Wednesday, October 7, 2015

This is how we do it

Oh geez. I wrote that title in and now I've got Montell Jordan stuck in my head. 

This is how we do it. It's Friday night and I feel all right...

I firmly believe that if you have a song stuck in your head and you manage to get it stuck in someone else's then it will be released from yours.  Sorry. Not sorry. 

Anyway, this is how we do what?  


Hehe. This is how we jack up cars in the country.  Matt didn't have to go into work until late yesterday so he took the opportunity to remove the old rusty brackets that used to hold the running boards on my Escape. The running boards rusted and fell off a bit ago and I've been driving around with a tetanus hazard. Good to have them off and the good ol' Escape looking a little more presentable. 

After work I went for a run to test out my legs. Very happy with how things felt after Sunday's half. Though my left upper butt is still sore. Does anyone know what that is?  And how I make it go away??  I figure strengthening my glutes won't hurt and is probably a good place to start. Going to be doing a lot of yoga bridges and leg lifts because I really want to tackle the Lake Effect half marathon with all I've got. If it's snowy or icy I probably won't PR but I can train like that's my goal!

As part of that I'm working to revamp my diet. I think I do pretty well but there are times when I don't think I eat enough veggies. And that means more yummy salads. 

Does any one have a love for Kraft Catalina dressing like I do? 


My mom would make a salad with lettuce, tomato, celery, cucumber, carrot, chickpeas, and havarti and I'd put Catalina dressing on it. I was feeling nostalgic yesterday and decided to make that salad. Then I looked at the ingredients on the dressing. First one...sugar. I guess it could have been worse. Could have been high fructose corn syrup. So now my mission is to figure out a homemade version of that dressing that's a little better for you. Will let you know if I have any success! 

Besides jacking up cars funny, we also over heat out here too!  


Ok, maybe not everyone out here but certainly us. We heat with wood. That woods heats water which cycles through tubes under our floors. That heats the floors which radiates heat up into the house. It's pretty cool because our gas bill is actually lower in the winter than the summer!  And having so much wood available to us (and the power company just dropped 11 trees on our property while doing line maintenance so we have even more wood now!) we don't foresee ever really having to buy wood. But it's a SLOW heating process. Once we start the system up we have a tough time on sunny not exactly cold days like this. So it's 77 in my house and I have several doors open. Nice to have fresh good smelling fall air in the house!  It's "wasting" wood but I hesitate to shut the system down though because tomorrow is going to be cooler and rainy and Saturday's high is only 55F. 

What about you...anyone else heating already?  Anyone else out there struggling on these weird in between days?

And please...if you have a Catalina dressing recipe you like please share it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment